Florida International University will be a leading urban public research university focused on student learning, innovation, and collaboration. Florida International University is an urban, multi-campus, public research university serving its students and the diverse population of South Florida. We are committed to high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity, and collaborative engagement with our local and global communities.
Florida International University is committed to the following core values:
- Truth—in the pursuit, generation, dissemination, and application of knowledge
- Freedom—of thought and expression
- Respect—for diversity and the dignity of the individual
- Responsibility—as stewards of the environment and citizens of the world
- Excellence—in intellectual, personal, and operational endeavors